Zpacks - Duplex Zip Tent
Zpacks - Duplex Zip Tent
After a decade of dominance, we've added a new take on our award-winning Duplex Tent. Our new Duplex Zip Tent comes with several enhancements that make it even more versatile and user-friendly for all your outdoor adventures.
We added zippered storm doors with peak vents to provide extra protection from wind and rain without sacrificing ventilation. The storm doors are easy to open and close, allowing you to adjust the airflow inside the tent as needed.
We've introduced magnetic door toggles that make it easier to secure the tent doors out of the way without having to fumble with clunky closures. The magnetic toggles are strong and secure, designed to ensure the doors stay rolled up in windy conditions.
Just like our flagship Duplex, the Duplex Zip Tent is lightweight, roomy, well-ventilated, packs down small, pitches easily, and can be set up in the tightest of spaces. You won’t find lighter functional two person tents anywhere on the market.
An optional flat groundsheet is available for added protection here.
- Sets up with two trekking poles adjusted to around 48" (122 cm). Slightly taller or shorter fixed length poles will also work. If you do not use trekking poles, we have streight tent poles available, or you could consider our Freestanding Duplex Flex Tent Upgrade. Trekking poles are not included but we have multiple Trekking Pole options to choose from.
- Six stakes are required for this tent with eight stakes recommended for a taught pitch in windy conditions.. Stakes are not included but we have a variety of Ultralight Stakes to choose from.
- A smaller 53” x 100” (135 x 254 cm) corner to corner footprint allows you to squeeze into those hard to find backcountry flat spots, providing a decisive advantage over asymmetrical designs with larger footprints that require much more space to set up.
- Symmetrical design allows two adults to lay side by side in either direction, creating a superior sleeping experience for couples when compared to asymmetrical offset pole designs. The symmetrical pole design also avoids the steep wall angles found in asymmetrical tents, creating more practical usable space, allowing two people to sit upright side by side facing out either door while removing shoes or while reaching out to cook or access gear just outside the tent.
- The symmetrical design also allows any of the four storm doors to be opened or closed independently, providing best in class views and ventilation. Leave all four open on nice weather nights for a breeze and great views. Close the upwind doors to block cold wind, or close all four for 360° rain protection.
- The doors can be secured closed with our custom made metal hooks or independently rolled up and out of the way with the built in magnetic toggles.
- Both sides of the tent feature a peak vent to increase air flow and deter condensation when the doors are closed.
- Each screen door has a rainbow zipper which allows easy entry regardless of which storm doors are closed, and they give you access to every vestibule area. Each screen door conveniently drops inwards rather than hanging in your way. No need to roll it up or secure it.
- Built with high quality YKK #3 zippers on the screen and storm doors. All zippers on the tent have been designed to allow the zippers sliders to easily be replaced in the field. Two replacement sliders are included with the tent.
- The tarp overhangs the bathtub floor by 4-5 inches (12 cm). In calm rain or under wet trees one or two doors can be left open for air flow without water dripping on the floor space. In almost all conditions at least one downwind door can be left open for air. Tip: For even better rain protection with a door open, use the included elastic cords to pull the screen door back away from the rain spray, as shown.
- This tent has a solid, sewn in 8 inch (20 cm) tall bathtub floor. The bathtub floor is a rectangle 45 inches wide by 7.5 feet long (114cm x 2.3m). Plenty of space for two average people to stretch out plus space for gear at the ends of the floor.
- If you are particularly tall, you might try propping up the side guylines with Trecking Pole Cups, or check out the DupleXL . Some couples prefer the additional width in a Triplex Zip tent.
- Mesh pockets are conveniently located near each screen door so that they can be accessed from inside or outside the tent. They are a good place to store your cell phone, glasses, headlamp, the tent stuff sack, and spare seam tape (included). The pockets are about 8" x 8" (20 cm x 20 cm).
- A separate groundsheet is NOT required for this shelter. The floor material is reasonably durable, and all Dyneema® Composite Fabric gear can be easily patched in the field with repair tape. If you do prefer to use a groundsheet as a precaution, Flat Groundsheets are available.
- There is screen between the bathtub floor and the walls at the ends of the tarp. An elastic cord keeps the bathtub elevated ensuring the screen slopes downwards away from the bathtub. Any condensation, which single wall shelters may experience, will run down the walls and out through the downward sloping screen, rather than onto the floor.
- All of our tents do pretty well in the wind. The material can handle high wind loads. As long as your stakes stay in the ground (use rocks if available) your tent will stay standing. Dyneema® Composite Fabric is not a particularly noisy fabric; however, almost any tent will make a little noise in the wind. Earplugs are not a bad idea for windy nights.
- Dyneema Composite Fabric is naturally waterproof and is not treated with any potentially harmful chemicals such as flame retardants or water repellents.
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
- The total weight displayed near the 'add to cart' button includes guy lines, sewn in linelocs, taped seams, and a stuff sack. A piece of repair tape and two spare zipper sliders are included with each tent. Your choice of canopy material will change the total weight.
- *8x Stakes are required but are not included. We have a variety of Ultralight Stakes to choose from.
- Exterior Dimensions:
- Peak height: 48" (122 cm)
- Ridgeline width: 53" (135 cm)
- Width including vestibules: 93" (236 cm)
- Vestibule Depth from floor: 24" (61 cm) each side
- Length: 100" (254 cm)
- Interior Dimensions:
- Peak height: 48" (122 cm)
- Floor width: 45" (114 cm)
- Floor length: 7.5 feet (2.3 meters)
- Floor Area: 28.1 square feet (2.6 square meters)
- Zipper entry height: 36" (91 cm)
- Packed Dimensions:
- Packed Size: 6" diameter by 12" tall (15 cm x 30 cm), 340 cubic inches (5.6L).
- Stuff Sack Size: 7" diameter by 13" tall (18 cm x 33 cm) Medium-Plus. The intentionally loose stuff sack makes packing easy and it will squish down in your backpack.
- Our tents are made from Dyneema® Composite Fabric. Dyneema® Composite Fabric has several advantages over other materials:
- High strength to weight ratio – the material can handle high wind force and does not tear easily.
- Chemical free, PFC free
- Waterproof – there is no DWR or coating to worry about wearing out. The material will not absorb significant water that will add water weight to your pack
- Stretch-free – the tent will stay taut all night. Nylon material by comparison can stretch and sag, especially if it gets wet.
- Taped seams – our seams are sewn for strength then taped water tight. The tie outs have bonded reinforcements for high strength. No seam sealing will be necessary!
- Easily repairable – Any damage can easily be fixed in the field with our Dyneema® Composite Fabric Repair Tape.
- This tent is semi-transparent. In bright sunlight, a fuzzy silhouette of a person sitting inside the tent would be visible, but you cannot see any details. It has a suitable amount of privacy for changing clothes.
In lower light (such as in the evening or at night), you cannot see through at all. We also have thicker, darker material available as an upgrade that you can choose. Another nice thing about this material is that you can see the outlines of trees and your surroundings for a more immersed outdoor experience.
- This tent has fully enclosed .67 oz/sqyd (22.7 g/m²) insect screen. The holes in this screen are super tiny, so even the smallest insects cannot get through. Our tent screen is about 30% lighter than comparable Noseeum screen with no noticeable decrease in durability.
- The bathtub floor is made from 1.0 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric. This material weight is more than twice as thick as the canopy material and is more resistant to abrasion and punctures. It is also easy to patch with tape.
- Lineloc V adjusters are sewn to all tie outs. Bright yellow 2.0mm Dyneema® Z-Line cord is cut and attached for you. The yellow lines are very easy to see night or day, and Dyneema® has very low stretch.
- The expected life span of this shelter is at least one full 2500+ mile thru hike, or many years of casual use with some care.