Katabatic Gear - Flex 22F / -6C - 850 FP ExpDry Duck Down
Katabatic Gear - Flex 22F / -6C - 850 FP ExpDry Duck Down
KataUpdated for ’23!
By popular demand, updates include an internal stash pocket to keep your phone, water filter etc. warm overnight; secondary pad attachment points to match the Elite quilts; and a new Wide 5'6" size.
A blanket style sleeping bag that will truly keep the cold out. The Katabatic attachment system, down filled collar, and draft blocking foot box closure guard you from the cold. When you need some ventilation, the zippered foot box allows you to completely open to a blanket. The options in between are endless, and create a truly flexible sleep system.
Free Shipping in the United States
Silnylon Stuff Sack
Storage Bag - 100% recycled, breathable fabric
2mm Cords for attaching to your pad
- Patented Pad Attachment System - Widely considered the best design on the market for preventing drafts. Offers unmatched versatility, comfort and efficiency in a quilt style sleeping bag. For more information view our Product Manual. Also comes with removable webbing straps for use without a sleeping pad.
- Elastic Binding Around Bottom Opening - Elastic binding around the bottom opening prevents gaps and drafts at the sleeping pad.
- Differential Cut - A critical factor in quilt style bags with adjustable girth, differential cut allows for maximum loft from our premium down.
- Continuous Baffles - With continuous baffles the down can be manually moved as temperatures dictate for maximum versatility.
- Down Filled Collar - Our overstuffed collar fits comfortably against your neck to seal this critical area from drafts.
- Draft Blocking Foot Box Closure - When the temperature drops, and you need a closed foot box, our down-filled draft blocker and snap system fill the gaps, while allowing multiple venting options for warmer weather.
- Overstuffed Baffles over the Foot Section - Provides extra insulation over your feet to ensure toasty toes.
- Overfill Available: For more information or to order overfill click here.
- Shell imported. Designed, filled, finished and stringently inspected in Colorado.
- For all specs please refer to photo:
RESPONSIBLY SOURCED DOWN
Like many of our customers, we at Katabatic Gear are concerned with the environmental and animal welfare impact of our products. We are dedicated to a responsibly sourced, and very high quality product, just like our down supplier, Allied Feather and Down. They are certified through both the bluesign®and Responsible Down Standard®programs. Another reason we partner with Allied: we can offer our customers access to the Track My Down program. It allows our customers to learn everything there is to know about the down in their specific quilt.
900 FILL POWER GOOSE DOWN
We use the highest quality 900 Fill Power goose down, offering the most loft and warmth for the least weight. Goose down has many advantages over synthetic insulations. In warm temperatures goose down allows heat to pass through, giving it a wider comfort range than synthetic insulation. The down can be intentionally moved around in its baffles, allowing you to adjust the amount of insulation based on conditions. Finally, synthetic insulation breaks down more quickly with use, losing loft and warmth. As a result a down filled product has a life span many times that of a synthetic filled product, making down a much better value. Our 900 Fill Power premium goose down is produced for us here in the U.S. by Allied Feather, and is available untreated or with ExpeDRY™ water-resistant treatment.
850 FILL POWER DUCK DOWN
With all the benefits of down vs. synthetic, duck down is often cheaper than goose down, only due to the fact that it is more widely available. For years it was difficult to obtain duck down in a fill power greater than 700, which meant a heavier sleeping bag. Now that we can get responsibly sourced, high quality, 850 f.p. duck down, we are happy to be able to offer it to our customers. There are no quality, performance, or longevity sacrifices in buying a duck vs. goose product. One potential downside is that the natural animal odor that can be present in down products is more common to duck down than goose. This does not mean your duck down will necessarily have an odor, or that goose down will not. It varies from one lot of down to the next, and we’re told it is due to the birds’ diet. Some folks don’t notice any odor, while those more scent sensitive might, particularly if the bag is damp. As one customer put it, “Who cares! In a week or two it’s going to smell like MY odor.” Our 850 Fill Power premium duck down is also produced for us here in the U.S. by Allied Feather, and is offered with ExpeDRY™ water-resistant treatment.
EXEDRY™ WATER-RESISTANT DOWN
We are pleased to offer ExpeDRY™ ultra dry down. This down has been treated to provide additional resistance to unwanted moisture. In conjunction with our highly water-resistant shell materials, ExpeDRY™ provides extra peace of mind, and dries faster than untreated down if it does get wet. Is this a miracle water-proofing that will allow you to sleep out in the rain or dunk your bag in water with wild abandon? No. Will it give you extra protection and help maintain loft in damp conditions? Absolutely! Produced for us here in the U.S. by Allied Feather. Available in 900fp goose down and 850fp duck down.
PERTEX QUANTUM ECO RIPSTOP (.85 OZ/YD)
The best fabric you’ll find for the shell of an ultralight sleeping bag.
- Keeps your insulation drier: Best DWR we’ve tested
- Keeps your insulation loftier: Lightweight, soft, breathable, and downproof
- Reduces demand for raw materials: Eco version of Pertex Quantum is made from recycled yarns and maintains the fabric’s advanced performance qualities
PERTEX QUANTUM TAFFETA (1.0 OZ/YD)
The softest fabric you’ll find for the liner of an ultralight sleeping bag. This Pertex Quantum plain weave makes for a silky soft liner fabric on the inside of our quilts. We get tons of customer feedback stating that it’s the most comfortable sleeping bag fabric to ever brush up against them – not as clammy or crinkly as other fabrics.