Zpacks - Arc Haul Ultra 40L Backpack
Zpacks - Arc Haul Ultra 40L Backpack
Long days between resupplies requires a pack designed with ample space and durability. Made from Ultra 100X material, the ultralight Arc Haul Ultra backpack is innovatively designed to be a true workhorse from the Sierras to the Shenandoah.
Comfortably transfer your pack’s weight to your hips with our custom Curved Carbon Fiber frame system. The frame also creates a gap between your back and the pack allowing for air flow that helps keeps you cool.
Featuring adjustable shoulder straps, an interchangeable belt, and a variety of optional modular add-ons, the Arc Haul Ultra will allow you to tackle those long days on the trail with a durable ultralight backpack designed to fit you.
- Ultra fabric features a woven Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) face fabric laminated to a waterproof backing. Ultra fabric boasts extremely high abrasion and tear resistance and is the strongest fabric we offer.
- Curved Carbon Fiber Air Stays combined with a Lycra back panel create a gap between your back and the pack. The air gap helps keep your back cool while also preventing items from rubbing against you while hiking.
- Roll-top closure (like our dry bags) keeps water out, and lets you roll down the top as your gear load shrinks. All seams and attachment points are taped, making the pack highly water resistant. We still suggest using dry bags for your important items like your sleeping bag.
- Comfy 3/8" thick by 2.75" wide padded contoured shoulder straps and padded belt. Both the straps and the belt have a daisy chain for clipping on items, and an adjustable position sternum strap is also included. The belt and shoulder straps have 3D mesh on the underside. This gives them a little bit more cushion, and the belt also has more texture for better grip.
- Side pockets are sized to fit 1 or 1.5 liter bottles, or 2L soft bladders. They are positioned low on the pack and slanted forward for easy access without removing the pack. The pockets have drainage holes at the bottom, and elastic that keeps them tight at the top.
- Large stretchy mesh center pocket is great for quick access items. Mesh also lets you dry wet clothing and gives you a clear view of your gear.
- Side compression straps are made from non-stretchy Dyneema® cord for squishing down the pack volume. They also allow you to stand tall items like trekking poles or an umbrella in the side pockets.
- A top strap, and base straps allow you to lash on extra items to the top or base of the pack. The straps come off if you don't need them.
- The 40L pack size has enough space for 3-4 days of food and ultralight gear. The pack can be compressed down with the roll top and side compression straps for short trips or use the top strap and base straps to lash extra stuff to the outside for long carries.
- A drinking tube can be threaded out the corner of the roll top closure and secured with the daisy chain on the shoulder strap.
- All standard Bear Canisters, including the Bearikade Expedition and the BearVault 500 will fit in the upper half of this pack standing on end. There is enough extra girth to either wrap a foam pad around the canister (if you use one) or stand a medium stuff sack vertically beside the bear canister.
- The short and medium size frames will fit into an airplane overhead bin with the top rolled down to the frame. The tall size frame may not fit unless you pop the vertical frame bars out of the pack.
- Our torso height adjustment mechanism is is covered by US Patent No. 9,848,687
- All Zpacks gear has a two year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return/warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
Load Carrying Features:
- Our ultralight Curved Carbon Fiber Air Stays keeps the pack stiff so that most weight is carried on the hips instead of the shoulders. The frame pieces and Lycra back panel can be easily removed or replaced.
- The frame is curved to allow air flow and keep your back cushioned from the pack's contents.
- The belt is attached directly to the bottom of the pack frame for the best load transfer.
- The belt is removable and interchangeable. If you lose weight or need to share the pack between people the belt can be swapped out. Watch the belt removal video here.
- The shoulder straps and load lifter straps are attached directly to the frame. Load lifters straps come standard on this pack.
- The shoulder straps can move up or down to adjust the torso height to a perfect fit using our patented torso adjustment mechanism. It works like a conveyor belt. This is great for sharing the pack between people, for growing teenagers, or for resale.
- The belt provides a full wrap around your back. No need for additional lumbar support.
- The belt is done with "V-Style" webbing so that the top and bottom circumference can be adjusted independently. This helps wrap your hips much more securely, and prevents the belt from sliding down.
- Collectively, these features provide the additional load transfer necessary for loads up to around 40 lbs (18 kg).
- Load Capacity: 40 lbs (18kg)
- Body dimensions: 5" x 12.5" x 29" (12.75 cm x 31.8 cm x 74 cm)
- Volume: 40L (28L main body, 2L each side pocket, 8L center pocket)
- Frame Height: Short 17" (43 cm), Medium 20" (51 cm), Tall 23" (58 cm)