Zpacks - Plex Solo Tent
Zpacks - Plex Solo Tent
The lightest of the light, our Plex Solo is a sub-14oz ultralight tent designed for adventurers who value weight but aren't willing to sacrifice performance or comfort. From thru-hiking to bikepacking to packrafting, the Plex Solo is a spacious one-person tent that allows you to redefine your boundaries and push your limits.
Easily pitching with a single 52" (132 cm) trekking or tent pole, the Plex Solo is well-ventilated and can be set up in even the most cramped camp sites. You won’t find a lighter functional one-person tent anywhere.
An optional flat groundsheet is available for added protection here.
- Sets up with a single trekking pole adjusted to around 52" (132 cm). A tent pole can also be used if you don't carry a trekking pole. A trekking pole is not included but we have multiple Trekking pole options to choose from.
- Sets up with a minimum of 6 stakes but 10 stakes are recommended in windy conditions. Stakes are not included but we have a variety of Ultralight stakes to choose from.
- The storm doors can be opened or closed independently. Leave one or two doors open in nice weather for a breeze and great views. Close the upwind door to block cold wind, or close both for 360° rain protection. The overlapping doors are closed with custom made metal hooks.
- A single closed door creates enough vestibule space for storing a wet backpack or muddy shoes, if you don't want to bring them into the tent.
- The screen door has a rainbow zipper which allows easy entry regardless of which storm door is closed. You can access the vestibule area on either side. The screen door conveniently drops inwards rather than hanging in your way. No need to roll it up or secure it.
- The canopy overhangs the bathtub floor and the screen doors by 4-5 inches (12 cm). In calm rain or under dripping trees the doors can be left open for air flow without water dripping on the floor space. In almost all conditions, at least one downwind door can be left open for air. For even better rain protection with a door open, use the included elastic cords to pull the screen door back away from the rain spray as seen in the photo gallery.
- There is screen between the bathtub floor and the walls around the perimeter. An elastic cord keeps the bathtub elevated, ensuring the screen slopes downwards away from the bathtub. Any condensation, which single wall shelters may experience, will run down the walls and out through the downward sloping screen, rather than onto the floor.
- This tent has a solid, sewn in 8 inch (20 cm) tall bathtub floor. The bathtub floor is 38 inches (97 cm) wide at the center and tapers to 28" (71 cm) at the head and foot. The floor is 7.5 feet (2.3 meters) long. There is plenty of space to stretch out, with room for your gear beside you or at the ends of the floor.
- Tall hikers can add even more head and foot room by propping up the side guylines with Trecking pole cups
- A Mesh pocket is conveniently located near the door so that it can be accessed from inside or outside the tent. It is a good place to store your cell phone, glasses, headlamp, the tent stuff sack, and spare seam tape (included). The pocket is about 8" x 8" (20 cm x 20 cm).
- A separate groundsheet is not required for this shelter. The floor material is reasonably durable, and all Dyneema® Composite Fabric gear can be easily patched in the field with repair tape. If you do prefer to use a groundsheet as a precaution, Flat groundsheets are available.
- All of our tents do pretty well in the wind. 60 mph (100 km/h) gusts are no problem. The material can handle high wind loads, and as long as your stakes stay in the ground (use rocks if available) your tent will stay standing. Dyneema® Composite Fabric is not particularly noisy, however almost any tent will make a little noise in the wind. Earplugs are not a bad idea for windy nights.
- Itty bitty packed size 5" x 11" (12.7 x 28 cm) fits into smaller backpacks and day packs.
- Dyneema Composite Fabric is naturally waterproof and is not treated with any potentially harmful chemicals such as flame retardants or water repellents.
- All Zpacks gear has a two-year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Please see our return / warranty policy.
- Made in the USA.
- The total weight displayed near the 'add to cart' button includes guy lines, sewn in linelocs, taped seams, and a stuff sack. A piece of repair tape and two spare zipper sliders are included with each tent. Your choice of canopy material will change the total weight.
- 6-10x Stakes are required but are not included. We have a variety of Ultralight Stakes to choose from.
- Exterior Dimensions:
- Peak height: 52" (132 cm)
- Center width including vestibule: 62" (157 cm)
- End width: 36" (91 cm)
- Front vestibule space: 18.5" depth. (47 cm)
- Length: 100" (254 cm)
- Interior Dimensions:
- Peak height: 52" (132 cm)
- Center floor width: 38" (97 cm)
- End floor width: 28" (71 cm)
- Floor length: 7.5 feet (2.3 meters)
- Floor area: 20.6 square feet (1.91 square meters)
- Zipper entry height: 36" (91 cm)
- Packed Dimensions:
- Packed Size: 5" diameter by 11" tall (12.7 x 28 cm) / 216 cubic inches (3.5L)
- Stuff Sack Size: 6" diameter by 12" tall (15 cm x 30 cm) size Medium. The intentionally loose stuff sack makes packing easy and it will squish down in your backpack.
- Our tents are made from Dyneema® Composite Fabric. Dyneema® Composite Fabric has several advantages over other materials:
- High strength to weight ratio – the material can handle high wind force and does not tear easily.
- Chemical free, PFC free
- Waterproof – there is no DWR or coating to worry about wearing out. The material will not absorb significant water that will add water weight to your pack
- Stretch-free – the tent will stay taut all night. Nylon material by comparison can stretch and sag, especially if it gets wet.
- Taped seams – our seams are sewn for strength then taped water tight. The tie outs have bonded reinforcements for high strength. No seam sealing will be necessary!
- Easily repairable – Any damage can easily be fixed in the field with our Dyneema® Composite Fabric Repair Tape.
- This tent is semi-transparent. In bright sunlight, a fuzzy silhouette of a person sitting inside the tent would be visible, but you cannot see any details. It has a suitable amount of privacy for changing clothes.
In lower light (such as in the evening or at night), you cannot see through at all. We also have thicker, darker material available as an upgrade that you can choose. Another nice thing about this material is that you can see the outlines of trees and your surroundings for a more immersed outdoor experience.
- This tent has fully enclosed .67 oz/sqyd (22.7 g/m²) insect screen. The holes in this screen are super tiny, so even the smallest insects cannot get through. Our tent screen is about 30% lighter than comparable Noseeum screen with no noticeable decrease in durability.
- The bathtub floor is made from 1.0 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric. This material weight is more than twice as thick as the canopy material and is more resistant to abrasion and punctures. It is also easy to patch with tape.
- Lineloc V adjusters are sewn to all tie outs. Bright yellow 2.0mm Dyneema® Z-Line cord is cut and attached for you. The yellow lines are very easy to see night or day, and Dyneema® has very low stretch.
- The expected life span of this shelter is at least one full 2500+ mile thru hike, or many years of casual use with some care.